To apply, you must be able to demonstrate that:
- you have secured a place on an eligible NCTJ-accredited course delivering the Diploma in Journalism, starting in the academic year 2022/23. Those who have already started a course are not eligible to apply – the course start date must be after the bursary has been awarded. Please visit the schedule section for this year’s deadlines. Please note bursaries are not available for undergraduate and distance learning courses.
- you can bring diversity to a newsroom;
- you are a British citizen residing in the UK;
- you have a genuine commitment and potential to be a successful journalist and have a range of journalism-related work experience (due to the high standard of applicants, experience on a student newspaper is not sufficient);
- you must not be in receipt of any other bursary award.
Please ensure you meet all the above criteria before submitting an application. You can find some application guidelines here.