Six aspiring journalists have been awarded bursaries by the Journalism Diversity Fund.
The following people were successful in securing bursaries to help them complete their journalism training:
- Tom Eden (Press Association Training, Newcastle)
- Thomas Hewitt (Nottingham Trent University)
- Sufiya Rehman (City of Liverpool College)
- Charlotte Ryan (Glasgow Caledonian University)
- Shruti Sheth (Lambeth College)
- Joseph Smith (Cardiff University)
Bursaries are awarded to students from socially and ethnically diverse backgrounds to help them cover the cost of NCTJ-accredited course fees and associated living expenses.
Interviews where hosted by the Telegraph Media Group in London on Friday, 14 August.
The panels, whose members included: Charlotte Cooper, Thomson Reuters; Graham Dudman, News UK; Sam Morris, Telegraph Media Group; Laurie Tucker, Sky Sports News; Leo Whitlock, Kentish Gazette, quizzed interviewees on their passion for journalism, financial need and diversity.
Bursaries are awarded four times a year. The fourth group of bursaries for the academic year September 2015 – August 2016 are now open for applications. The deadline is Wednesday, 4 November at 5pm.
An application form is available here.