Can I apply?
Applicants are responsible for ensuring they meet ALL of the following criteria:
- provide proof they have secured a place on an NCTJ-accredited course starting in the academic year September 2017 – August 2018. Those who have already started a course are not eligible to apply – bursaries must be awarded prior to the course commencing. Please visit the schedule section for this year’s deadlines. Please note bursaries are not available for undergraduate and distance learning courses and bursaries must demonstrate value for money;
- must come from a socially or ethnically diverse background;
- be a British citizen residing in the UK;
- must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment and potential to be a successful journalist through a range of journalism-related work experience (due to the high standard of applicants, experience on a student newspaper is not sufficient);
- must not be in receipt of any other bursary award.
NB: You must ensure the course you have applied for is NCTJ-accredited. Look out for the NCTJ-accredited course logo (pictured below) and check on the NCTJ course search. Please click on the links below to download the relevant form.
Please ensure you meet all the selection criteria before submitting an application. There are four application cycles this year – please see the schedule. The form can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to: Journalism Diversity Fund The New Granary Station Road Newport Saffron Walden Essex CB11 3PL